środa, 4 października 2006

Four stars away from Chick

It was high time Bob Miller, long-time Kings TV announcer got his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It finally happened on Monday October 2 during a ceremony that featured also Kings CEO Tim Leiweke, former Kings star forward Luc Robitaille and Miller's booth partner Jim Fox.

Miller took a moment to pay his dues to the legendary LA Lakers announcer, Chick Hearn:
"They asked me where I would like it to be and I said I would like it to be as close to Chick Hearn as possible because he was instrumental in getting me this job," Miller said. "Chick recommended me twice for the job. In 1972, I didn't get it but the second time I did. He was a dear friend, a great broadcaster, a Hall-of-Famer and I wanted to be as close as possible. So they got me four stars away from Chick."
It was a very fitting place. Four stars away from the legend.

Ladies and getlemen, hats off for the great Bob Miller! Next time I'm in LA, I gotta visit the Walk of Fame. I know at which two stars I'm gonna take my pictures.