niedziela, 1 października 2006

How I learned about JJ

It was probably my first weekend offline since the beginning of July. I figured with the final two games of the pre-season coming up against San Jose and Colorado, there was little to be looking forward to apart from final roster trims. Silly me.

Just as my family and I reached the farthest end of cell phone range in the woods of Northern Poland, I got a text message from my friend, who broke the news to me. I did manage to make sure he was not pulling my offline leg. Then I vaguely remember mumbling two words ("Jack Johnson") under my breath for the rest of the evening with an absent-minded grin. The next morning I was told I apparently had chuckled in my sleep and been caught giving hi-fives to imaginery buddies in the middle of the night. For those of you who don't know me - no alcohol intoxication was involved.

That's how I learned about JJ. Tell you what, I could be going away more often as long as brings good news to the Kings.