wtorek, 26 września 2006

Kings stage another comeback to beat Ducks in OT shootout


If you had been in the stands with Dr O'Malley of Grey's Anatomy for this game, you'd probably be prescribed anything from large doses of tylenol (start to 0-3) to a regular CPR session in ER (completed when Eric Belanger charged JS Giguere's goal with what turned out to be a game-winning shootout goal).

I must admit I woke up half way through the second period with the score Ducks three up and nowhere to go but here. No internet radio broadcast, nothing on the telly (dream on)... Kinda makes you think twice how come teams like Minnesota Wild apparently have full preseason media coverage, huh? Anyway, it was all Ducks at the time and I did my pushups in hope to get the fire started not only in my abs (incidentally ;)), but first and foremost on the King side of the rink.

I was in the middle of 6:30-ish a.m. breakfast preparation when the boom-boom-boom-kaBOOM started. Four in a row from Anze Kopitar (it's welcome to LA-LA, isn't it by now?), Kevin Dallman (comiserations to Mike Weaver), Tom Kostopoulos (speechless at center for the night) and Mike Cammalleri (centered by Kopitar) got the Kings ahead 4-3. Later on the Kings managed to overcome an equalizer from MacDonald and my sandwich and I got ready for the shootout.

Try following one online hitting F5 like a madman - it only works when your team wins.


Actually, not to brag or anything, but I called the E-Bel's game winner. I just knew he was gonna fool around and someway somehow find the back of the net. Good old-fashined come-from-behind win against the cross-town Ducks. Yuppi!

Hey, on the spur of the moment, let me be the first to spell it out: what if we have Ducks' number this season? Ducks fans, unite and call 911! I heard Dr O'Malley is on-call later today.