sobota, 16 września 2006

Days One and Two (preseason training camp)

The Kings are without Petiot (more on his condition should be known as soon as the beginning of next week), Lauri Tukonen (shoulder) and Alyn McCauley (not fully back after off-season surgery). Dustin Brown and Tim Gleason, still without contracts (though it is said they are inching closer and closer to signing their offer sheets), did practice with the team. They were apparently with good humors, and Brown was spotted chatting and making fun with Dean Lombardi.

Here are some lineups that I managed to find (thanks to hfb onlookers) for day one split into three teams: Goring, Murphy and Berry:

Team Goring

O'Sullivan-Conroy-Cammy (refreshing to see how Crawford mixes veteran and rookie/sophomore talent. I like this line a lot)
Moulson-Belanger-Kanko (I guess Moulson would have to create a lot of shots/positions for himself with EBel centering this line. I like the way the presence of Kanko offsets size/toughness disadvantage)
Cowan-Lewis-Meckler (did somebody speak to Trevor after the game how he felt centering this line. I'd be playing Roussin on Lewis' wing for Danny to rebound a bit)
McLaren-Korchinski-Roussin (ouch! it hurts to get stuck with McLaren and Korchinski - too bad for Roussin)

Miller-Mormina (poll: which one is more stationery? ;))
Sopel-Harrold (I'm surprised with myself actually liking the potential of this pairing)
Schmidt-? (hmm, who was the mysterious "?" Craig Schira?)

Garon, Munce (from what I saw from the bits and pieces of 25 MB of practise video, Garon looked pretty steady. But - how telling would 20 seconds be?)


Team Murphy

Zeiler-Kopitar-Hogeboom (Zeiler might have more scoring touch than any of us could think)
Frolov-Avery-Henderson (they do stick with Avery at center, that's good)
Ivanans-Kostopoulos-Murphy ("break your bones" line. I wonder how mobile Ivanans is. I did see him in a couple of games with Hamilton Bulldogs two years ago, and he was surprisingly quick for his size)
Clarke-Avery-Jackman (good to "see" Noah back, but Avery couldn't possibly center two line at the same time, could he? ;))

Blake-Ryan (Ryan is said to be very slow, folks)
Gleason-Werner (I like that pairing, very adequate to say the least)
Dallman-Greenan (I admit I know nothing about Greenan. Anyone willing to help out on his playing style?)

LaBarbera, Brust (is Brust really our first option in Manchester?)