wtorek, 12 września 2006

Islanders sign Rick Di Pietro to a 15-year contract

It's even funny as long as you are NOT a New York Islanders fan. From disbelief it's been actually happening to madmen's dispair is what I have witnessed so far today from my online NYI friends. I wholeheartedly share their disilussionment with Charles Wang, Mike Milibury and whoever else was behind this critically exhorbitant move.

I think the Isles management did it only to prove a point - yes, they can be creazier than only take on somebody else's grand mistake (Alex Yashin, anyone?). They'd make one of their own - mind you, firmly entrenched in the salary cap reality. Wow.


Yes, Rick is 25 years old today. I could understand that for the next 6-8 years Di Pietro might, just might, be worth a hefty sum of 4.5 mln USD per year. But what with the other half (or grossly 10% of your yearly team cap?)
These foggy questions hover around Long Island this morning... They are gonna to for a long long time, I presume.