wtorek, 13 lutego 2007

Kings in London - I'm buying tickets!


The last three times I tried, I visited LA (tapping away from an undisclosed Beverly Hills location now ;)) on days where the team played away from the Staples. While I understand that the scheduling (neither NHL's nor mine) was done in a such a way on purpose, I still think you have got to be hugely unlucky to miss a good hockey game in LA on three straight occasions.

OK, make it two - the very last time I was here was June and the Dodgers played the Phillies - my first ever trip to the baseball Mekka - the Chavez Ravine.


But still, March last year and February this year and no Kings in town (I'm hoping to be able to see the game at Carolina on TV later today)?
That's why I'm jumping at the proposal that EJ Hradek reported recently.

And why not - it's not like the NHL hockey is hugely popular in the US, anyway. Why not try over in Europe? Perhaps I would not have chosen the UK as the launching pad (why not Sweden or Finland if you've already crossed the Atlantic?), but still - ice hockey is a top-5 sport in Scandinavia, Czech and Slovak republics, Russia and is making steady progress in places like Germany and Switzerland.

Given the relatively cheap airfare from my part of the world to London, England - I have already asked my fellow NHL craze-ders ;) over at forum.nhl.com.pl to sign up. If you're reading this and you're European and want to go with us, give me a shout either here in the comments section or over at the English-only forum. Looking forward to seeing these Kings games in the UK live in our timezone for a change :).

1 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonimowy said...

Hi Harry

We live about a mile away from where the games will be played and, as big hockey fans, we were really looking forward to the games. However we just found out the ticket prices. The cheapest tickets will cost £25 (nearly 40 euro/50 USD). Screw that for a laugh... unless the venue can bring its prices down to a more realistic level for what is, after all, a minority interest sport in the UK, I don't think we'll go.

More at my blog here.

 

Prześlij komentarz

<< Home