czwartek, 28 grudnia 2006

Roster changes coming up

There are no bad news for the Kings fans this time round:

Dan Cloutier is being put on the IR as I type this:
"The soreness he is having in his hip is affecting his knee," coach Marc Crawford said. "Hopefully by giving him a week off, [it] will give him time to work through the issues he has."

The hip injury was not related to the surgery on Cloutier's left knee that limited him to 13 games last season. "It's in the other leg," Crawford said."
At the same time Mathieu Garon has flawlessly completed a skating and workout session and is hoping to be able to play over the weekend, as the Kings hit the road for three games in Edmonton, Calgary and Detroit to wrap up the year:
"This is the first time I have smiled in a month," Garon said. "I wish my wife was here to see it. It's not my decision to make, but I have no pain and feel ready to play."
All this in hope that Alyn McCauley can debut as a King very soon:
"Hopefully I'm going to get a chance to wear my Kings game jersey for the first time."
Finally, some good news for all. Except Cloutier perhaps, but he's dug a hole for himself. And let him stay in that hole for more than a week ;).

2 Comments:

At 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonimowy said...

I would say Cloutier getting injured is definately good news for the Kings... as long as it not anything permanently serious of course.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Harry said...

We must have gone a long way to actually think a player's injury would strengthen the team ;). Sad, but I agree with you :).

You could see it with Brust, and now tonight with Garon back - the team just plays it differently with Cloutier between the pipes. The stress level was up too often. I hope we actually get some decent goaltending on this road trip to close out the year on a victorious note.

 

Prześlij komentarz

<< Home