piątek, 1 grudnia 2006

Cloutiered into the woods

I admit I have been cloutiered (equivalent of flabbergasted) by the whole "Dan's the man (even though he's not)" philosophy and have taken the battering by the Coyotes last night very personally.

At this point, if I was the Kings GM ("Dean, pick up the damn phone, will you?!"), I would seriously think about packaging Cloutier and Konstantin Pushkarev (as an obvious though still marginal trade bait) to either Boston or Columbus for the likes of Tim Thomas or Pascal Leclaire. Heck, at this point I would even throw in a second round pick for them just to take Dan off our hands.

In pursuit of some place where my boggled mind could rest before the Saturday night PST game against the Ducks (first of two), I'm taking my family for a half-weekend (Friday evening and the whole Saturday) trip to the woods. I'll be offline until the Saturday Ducks game, your time, most of my readers :).

If you somehow manage to trade Cloutier in the meantime (or buy out his contract by virtue of an offering of willing hearts, which should be plenty of, given Dan's level of play), let me know in the comments section. I'd appreciate it if there was/were message(s) there when I come back.