środa, 11 października 2006

Mark Morris on butterflies...


(photo courtesy of www.clarkson.edu.
Coach Morris [on the left] with his former players
from the Clarkson University)


Butterflies in the stomach, that is. And to be more precise - before and during his inaugural AHL game at the helm of the Manchester Monarchs.

It's not necessarily the Monarch coach's personal blog, per se, but it has a similar feel to it. In my mind, the New Hamphire's Union Ledger is seizing a very good opportunity by making their pages available to inside sources within the Manchester AHL team. Well, the column is *called* Inside Source, for starters.

Here is some insights from coach Morris about what went on:

It was encouraging to see our team respond under the pressure of the shootout. Three guys came up with big goals. I put Petr Kanko in for the shootout because he had just scored a goal that was disallowed and he had something to prove. I wanted to give him another chance and end on a positive note. It paid off.
I encourage you to read the rest for your pleasure... Now, the next step would be to mike the coach during the game with the online stream of his feedback to the players. Yeah, I know, but I can dream, can't I?