piątek, 15 grudnia 2006

The battle of Lundqvists

Henrik Lundqvist, No1 goaltender of the New York Rangers, had a first professional opportunity in North America to play against his identical twin brother Joel, who got recently called up to the Dallas Stars. Joel replaced injured Mike Modano on the roster and boom, the very next day the Rangers and his [two periods of hockey] older brother come rolling into town.

The outcome of this "battle"? Henrik and NY take this one easily 5:2 on the scoreboard. The more personal contest between the brothers did not exactly live up to the excitement. Joel was on the ice for the paltry 5:44 on nine shifts and did not even fire a slap at his bro.

Heck, if I was in his skates [mind you, I'm an only child], I would have
taken a one-timer at the opponent's goal right the first time I was in their zone. Just to keep Henrik honest, you know. After all, had I scored on him, I'd have stolen the headlines. The psychological edge, you know, before the Stars went on Broadway some time in the future...

Photos: Henrik (above) and Joel (right).
If they both played the same position,
I would not have dared to say who is who :).