piątek, 10 listopada 2006

Q&A with Sean Avery

In case you missed it ESPN's David Amber ran an interview with our own golden boy Sean Avery yesterday. Here are the hottest chunks:

"Q: How does an undrafted, average-sized guy like you find himself playing in his fifth NHL season, already with a Stanley Cup ring, and making more than a million dollars a season?

A: Man, I don't know, I guess probably a little luck. Maybe I shouldn't say luck, I just worked hard. I just took my opportunity and ran with it. I found a role of maybe pissing a lot of people off, and it just escalated from there, I guess. [...]

Q: How difficult is that, playing a big-guy role without the size?

A: It's funny, I don't realize I'm not 6-foot-2 or 6-foot-3; I think I am delusional and feel as big as those guys. [...]

Q: When you're done with hockey, what are we going to see Sean Avery doing?

A: Not sure, I haven't decided between sitcoms and movies yet".

Classic Sean, eh? Great :). Do you think he's such a pest in private life as well? Or is it just his "business face"?

Photo: Elisha Cuthbert and Sean Avery (courtesy of www.elishacuthbert.dk)